Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bossy R - /or/ Dictionary Chase

Pairing up students with a pencil and clipboard in hand it was very challenging to search for words in a dictionary for young readers with the /or/ sound.  They had to really think about that distinct "Bossy R" sound.  They found many that were not so I had them write everything they found.  This was not an indepedent activity for 1st and 2nd grade students, it took a lot of guidance and time to process.  It would be a great challenge activity or to use in a center for independent readers.



Click here at TpT to grab a free copy to help guide your students through this activity.

I found it helped my young readers to gather at our reading rug to complete this activity as a whole class.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your great ideas! I am new to blogger and I am loving it! If you are interested in integrating technology into your classroom, maybe you could stop by my blog! I am your newest follower!

    Thank you,
    Mindy

    iintegratetechnology@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comments. Your blog has some wonderful ideas. We've grabbed your button!

    ReplyDelete