Friday, October 19, 2012

Heidi Songs

Incorporating music to teach is something I use at every opportunity possible, even when I am teaching in the upper grades.  I felt like I hit a wall when I conducted a weekly monitor progress assessment and realized my first graders were not retaining their sight words consistently.  I wanted to recycle everything I had been doing.  I freaked out!  As we follow the Common Core my First Graders were supposed to come to me with a handful of sight words already mastered, right?!?  Wrong!?!

I collaborated with my First Grade team, the real experts, who were also experiencing the same frustrations.  We talked about a website to check out.  It was www.HeidiSongs.com

I checked out some samples she had on YouTube and then made the purchase online.  A month after using the sight word songs and reproducibles in my class, I realize it has been worth every penny.  The songs are fabulous and the reproducibles double as a handwriting practice.  I highly recommend the sight word series since they help forge through the Common Core for First Grade. 

Family of Educators Blog has no affiliation with the website or distribution of materials.  We are simply giving credit where credit is due and sharing a fabulous resource.



1 comment:

  1. I found this post as a "Google Alert" that someone had mentioned my website (www.heidisongs.com) online. Wow, what wonderful post to read!

    Thank you for your wonderful review of my materials. I am so glad that they are working to help your children and perhaps make your job a little bit easier! Keep up the great teaching, and don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything.
    Heidi Butkus
    heidi@heidisongs.com

    ReplyDelete