Sunday, March 18, 2012

Classroom Mailboxes

Many elementary teachers have mailboxes or cubbies in their classroom to help quickly pass out papers, return work, etc.  I've seen teachers organize it in a variety of ways.  Purchasing a piece of furniture to make this happen has always been on my 'wish list'.  When I would see it listed on "Really Good Stuff" and then noted the price, the item always went to the back of my 'wish list'.  In the mean time I have used cardboard replicas that endured one year and plastic stackable letter trays which held up for many year.  
When I had leftover grant money, with prior approval to use the grant money as otherwise stated, I started shopping Amazon to see how their prices compared and I found one at half the price I have seen them listed in teacher catalogs.  I picked the one with drawas in the bottom because I like to store extra papers that have been passed out.
My fabulous hubby brought it to school and assembled it.  The kids in my class thought it was Christmas, and so did I.  It's kind of heavy, so when we go year round I'm not sure how I'll manage it, but in the meantime I wish I had bought this years ago.  If and when you are ready click here to check it at at Amazon.





No comments:

Post a Comment