Monday, March 19, 2012

Daily Five - Book Boxes

This past summer our faculty gathered to brainstorm how to incorporate the "Daily Five" into our classrooms.  I was apprehensive about where to store all of the book boxes for my students and how would I acquire all the books.  
I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't take away too much from the class library. The school purchased the cardboard book storage boxes.  I let the kids decorate their own.  In the boxes they keep 3 "Accelerated Reader" books and 3 books to "Read For Fun"  they can also keep a file folder game and a reading card game we have assembled in class, played and placed in baggies.  
Our book boxes are lined up along the floor, within students reach, yet out of the way, like so:


I also gave the kids a cute bookmark, shared by another teacher, to remind kids how to pick out the right book.  You can download it here at Teachers Notebook or here at TpT.


I also have a poster displayed to remind them how to choose "Just Right" books. 
You can download it here at Teachers Notebook or here at TpT.



No comments:

Post a Comment